Car Doctor At Your Doorsteps!
The very future of the automotive industry is going to be wildly different from what it is now. There’s a valid assumption that mobile mechanic services will overshadow costly dealerships and franchises that currently dominate the traditional auto repair market. Presumably, mobile mechanics might also change the status quo of skepticism and mistrust, which is the running theme of the auto repair industry. Believe us or not, a mobile auto mechanic business is a growing portion of the auto repair market. Now, this entails us to tell you more about mobile mechanic services. After all, who wouldn’t want dealer-quality auto repair services at non-dealer prices without the usual drama and trauma involved in the process of getting the car repaired?
How Does It Work?
Mobile car mechanics are pretty much similar to your regular car mechanics in terms of the job they do with the exception that mobile auto repair mechanics diagnose and fix cars at your home, place of business, and sometimes even on the side of the roads. Basically, the repair shop will come to you as opposed to you going to the repair shop. Better yet, you will be able to view exactly what is being done to your car at the time of the repair. Sounds cool, isn’t it? Auto repair at your desired time and location without sacrificing quality! You can think of mobile auto mechanic as the Uber for mechanics. The chances are that you might not have explored enough to know that mobile mechanics near me co-exist with physical car repair shops.
Well, the good news is that it’s never too late to join the mobile mechanic services bandwagon knowing that there is a mobile auto mechanics entity out there waiting to dispatch a highly-qualified mechanic to your home or office to conduct repairs. As long as you can provide a safe spot for the mechanic to work on your car, you are good to go. It all starts with obtaining a quote. You provide your vehicle details such as the make and model, along with a brief car description to schedule an appointment with a mobile mechanic at your convenient time. The assigned person for the repair work will travel all the way to your location with the necessary tools to get the job done in the simplest, convenient, and cost-effective manner. Your car problems will be assessed and addressed on the spot.
Advantages Of Mobile Mechanics Car Servicing
- Cheaper than Shops: That’s right! You will most likely get a sweeter deal from a mobile car mechanic than your regular garage guy. For those who don’t know, the cost could be nearly 30% cheaper than getting your car serviced from a traditional mechanic shop because the mobile auto mechanic model evades the need for a physical shop and the associated business overheads. Goes without saying, this enables a mobile mechanic to charge less.
- Doorstep Service: This is easily the main attraction of the mobile car mechanic business model. Since certified technicians will come fully equipped at your location to fix the car, you will save yourself the trouble of dropping your car to the mechanic shop. No longer do you have to wait for days or weeks to get your vehicle repaired. Basically, you will get your car serviced without taking any time away from your personal or professional life. You simply have to toss them the car keys, and a few hours later it will be all done.
- High Convenience: Well, even your physical presence is not needed during the repair or service. As long as you can arrange the keys to be handed over to the mobile mechanic contractor on his/her scheduled visit, you can carry on with your day as usual without babysitting your car. As hinted earlier, there’s no need to drop or pick up your car because the proposed work will be performed in your own backyard or office parking lot and not in a repair shop or dealership department. Isn’t this car repair convenience at its best?
- Guaranteed Quality Work: Mobile auto repair services provided by a trustworthy company will come with a written 12,000 mile or full 12-month service warranty. And, the company will assign ASE Certified car technicians to work on your vehicles. Of course, the main mission would be to fix your car right the first time itself. The included warranty is simply icing on the cake to put the customer’s mind at ease. Not to forget the fact that ‘mobile mechanics near me’ will be available at your service 7 days a week.
- Speedy Work: Even if it’s a basic repair job, you might have to wait for days or weeks to get your car fixed depending upon how many cars are ahead in the queue. And, physical shop owners can’t do much about the waiting-factor because they have more than one vehicle to attend. On the other hand, mobile auto repair service is almost instant. You just have to call the right company, and they will send over a mechanic to your place as soon as possible. In most cases, scheduling and conducting repair is done on the same day.
- Utmost Transparency: You will have the option of viewing the car mechanic at work. So, you will know exactly who will be under the hood of your car. And, you will get to know what work is getting done to fix your car. Basically, you will get the opportunity to observe everything personally. Because things will be done right under your nose, there will be almost no foul play involved.
- Road Side Assistance: The Uber-style mobile mechanics are trained to deal with a wide variety of car problems. If your car gives up on you in the middle of an ordinary day, you can get in touch with mobile mechanics to come to your aid. They will meet you at the roadside location to assess your needs. Absolutely, no tow truck company would be needed. The mobile mechanic guy will arrive with all the required equipment to diagnose and work on your car.
- Expertise Guaranteed: When you get in touch with a mobile mechanic, a highly trained and independent professional contractor will come to your place to handle the repair work right in front of your eyes. So, do not assume that your vehicles will be treated as lab rats. By assigning a trained apprentice, your vehicles will get the due TLC they truly deserve. The assigned independent contractor will be as good as a factory-trained dealership mechanic.
- Pre-Purchase Car Inspection: For starters, mobile mechanic services aren’t confined to repair jobs. Some of them have stretched their wings beyond regular repair assignments. For instance, if you would like to buy a used car with confidence, you can hire a mobile mechanic to do the necessary car inspection for you. By doing so, you can be sure that you won’t end up with a garbage-worthy car.
- Upfront Pricing: Upon query, customers immediately receive an itemized bill that includes costs of parts, labor, and everything else associated with the repair job. There are absolutely no hidden fees or upcharges involved at all. And, if the mobile mechanic discovers that your car doesn’t require the requested service, the quote will be lowered on the spot. Therefore, it won’t be an understatement to claim that there’s no better way to keep your car wheels rolling like before without a jaw-dropping repair cost attached to it.
How Much Do Mobile Mechanics Charge?
Of course, nothing is etched in stone over here. The rates may vary from one location to another and from one mobile diesel mechanic to another. So, it’s difficult to be precise with the quotes. That said, let’s give you a dollar figure. The average hourly rate for a mobile mechanic ranges from $30 to $60 an hour plus parts. If the car won’t start or if a problem is unknown, the mobile mechanic will charge around $60 to $80 towards a diagnostic fee, depending on the location. Keep in mind that independent repair shop owners usually charge a lot more. Here’s a better example for you:
Installation of a serpentine drive belt on a 2010 model Toyota Camry would cost around $120 in the Chicago area if you were to get the job done by a mobile mechanic. The total amount of $120 would include the cost of labor (approx. $80), parts, and taxes (if any). If you were to conduct repairs from a local garage or a dealership shop, you could expect a bump in price by at least $20. Even if the labor costs were to be the same, the traditional folks would try to maintain a higher margin on the parts.
Therefore, your best bet over here would be to Google, ‘mobile mechanics near me’ and obtain quotes from one of the trusted companies from the search list. Remember, the labor cost will be accompanied by the profits made from the sale of car parts. To avoid markups on parts, you can supply car parts from your side to the mobile mechanic. As a result, you will save money not only on the labor but also on the car parts. It’s perhaps the best way to do car repairs without creating a dent in your wallet.
Services Offered by a Mobile Mechanic?
Gladly enough, a mobile car mechanic provides a host of car repair services. Basically, the assigned mechanic will be qualified enough to do all kinds of minor and major car repair jobs. And, the job will be done to the factory’s standard and specifications. Frankly speaking, you will be surprised to see what they can do. Here is a list of the services offered by a mobile car mechanic.
- Computer Diagnostic
- Engine Repair and Services
- Heating & AC Cooling Services
- Oil, Lube, & Filter Change
- Wheel Alignments
- Fault Testing
- Oil Change & Clutch Repair
- Break/Transmission & Radiator Inspection/Repair
- Fuel Injection Cleaning & Air Filter Inspection
- Water/Fuel Pump Repair & Services
- Electrical & Wiring Repair Services
- Suspension & Steering Services
- Lubricate Hinges & Doors
- Battery Charging & Repair
- Complete Vehicle Inspection
- Roadside Emergency Repairs
- Scheduled Maintenance
- And, a lot more…
As you can tell, there’s a lot on the menu. A mobile mechanic can perform most services a repair shop can complete. Therefore, you can afford to be at the mercy of a mobile mechanic without feeling robbed or unlucky if your vehicle ditches you in the middle of a road trip. In this age and era of one-click decisions, there’s no better choice than a mobile mechanic to fix a car that needs treatment. Given the affordable pricing, you will most likely have some money left over in the end. Not to forget the fact that you will know the credentials of the person working on your car. So, it won’t prove to be a blind date for your car.
Checklist before Hiring a Mobile Mechanic
Let’s keep this thing short and simple as it’s supposed to be. These are some of the questions that need to be at the forefront of your mind when hiring a mobile mechanic.
- Is the proposed mobile mechanic qualified for the repair job at hand?
- Does the assigned mechanic have a valid business license to perform work on your car?
- Is the independent mobile mechanic ASE Master Certified?
- How is the bill going to be settled? Are credit/debit cards accepted?
- Do you have to purchase the required parts? If not, will there be a separate invoice for the same other than the work invoice?
- Are there are guarantees/warranties for the workmanship to deal with ‘just in case’ scenarios?
- Does the mobile mechanic have insurance to cover liability/property damage?
- If there is a need for a severe repair job that cannot be done at your location, does the mobile mechanic provide a solid alternative to fix the car?
- Last but not least, get a written contract. You don’t need us to tell you that verbal guarantees mean nothing in today’s age and time.
Last Few Words:
At the end of the day, a car is a non-predictable commodity. Therefore, it helps to have the numbers of a mobile car mechanic handy on speed dial to get the car back on the road as soon as possible. Truthfully speaking, getting a vehicle serviced has never been so easy and convenient. Kudos to mobile mechanics! This business model has really stepped up to the plate to create a win-win situation for everyone involved. With 24/7 operating hours, the earlier you reach out to them, the better it will be for your car’s health. A Mobile mechanic can get you going on the road in no time at all.